A mobile device has changed the ways you interact with the computer. It neither needs a mouse nor a giant physical keyboard any more, but you still can find the ways to work around with it.
Just like the iPad, it has only one hard button-the Home button-facing you. Some frequently used keys turn ‘soft’ and appear only when you’re running the apps, and special keys like Ctrl, Alt, Esc and Function keys are removed from the onscreen keyboard.
Shedding some light on this trend, these tips and tricks might be of interest to you and come in handy especially when you’ve just got an iPad in your hand. Most of them may also work well on other iOS devices like the iPhone and the iPod touch running on the same mobile operating system.
How to Switch between Open Apps
When running an app, you can minimize it by simply clicking the Home button. Getting back to it is not just one click on the taskbar like the way you do in Windows. But the iPad way is not difficult either.
On the iOS 4, 5 & 6.
1. Double-click your iPad’s Home button to reveal the open apps on the multitasking bar at the bottom of the screen.
2. Flick left to see more running apps.
3. Tap an icon to instantly switch to an open app.
On the iOS 5 & 6 only.
You can use four or five fingers to swipe left or right to switch between open apps, or swipe up to reveal the open apps on the multitasking bar.
How to Close a Running App
The iPad doesn’t need you to close a running app for every instance. But in some cases like playing a game, you may need to actually close the app in order to start a new level rather than continuing the last. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Click your iPad’s Home button to minimize the app if it’s running.
2. Double-click the Home button to see a row of running apps at the bottom of the screen.
3. Touch and hold any icon until the icons start wiggling, then tap the minus sign on the icon of the running app to close it.
4. Double-click the Home button again to hide the row.
How to Remove an App
1. Touch and hold an icon on your screen until the icons start wiggling.
2. Tap the X sign on the icon of the app you want to remove.
3. Select the Delete button to confirm.
4. Repeat the same for others and click the Home button to finish.
Note: If you have synced your apps with the iTunes on your computer, uncheck this app in the iTunes or else it will be restored to your iPad when syncing.
How to Pause an App Install
If you’re downloading or updating more than one app at a time from the App Store, it shows the first one as “Loading…”, and the rest “Waiting…” But some apps can be very big and take time to download, and you need to get the one waiting to download first. That’s easy:
1. Tap the one which is loading, it will then be paused and the next one waiting in line starts loading.
2. Repeat the same to the rest until the one you need to start loading.
3. You can also tap the one which has been paused to start waiting, or loading when no others are loading or the rest are paused.
How to Re-arrange Icons
When you install new apps to your iPad, the system stacks up the icons automatically without asking you to select a home screen. But you can subsequently re-arrange the icons on the home screens and on the Dock.
1. Touch and hold any icon on your screen until the icons start wiggling.
2. Drag an icon to a different spot on the screen, or even to or from the Dock, which allows for six icons.
3. You can also drag an icon to the left or right edge of the screen until it starts sliding, then drop the icon to another screen.
4. Click the Home button to finish.
Here are the normal tips for you to use iPad, feel free to visit our site if you need to recover lost files on your iOS device or Mac PC.